…And Getting Caught in the Rain
Today’s one of those cheese-ball Chicago days where I’m finally giving in to the weather, and allowing it to inspire me. I let go of my glamorous sunshiny California life. I’m livin’ on the road. I have to deal with weather. And, in this case that means rain, shine, humidity, HEAT, COLD, wind, and more rain. Oh, and HAIL twice in June. I’ve been sad that the “shine” part has been hard to catch. But, we’ll be packed up again any day now, so it’s high time we dive into this experience.
There’s nothin’ like the lovin’ ZING you get from a boost of green juice BLENDED with some fermented coconut kefir. Yeah, you heard me — I’m over here blending up fermented green bevvys that will boost your mood, energize you, and keep you light enough on your feet to dance in the Chi-town rain all morning.
Here’s how I make my Green-ya Coladas
- 1/2 cup fermented, fizzy, coconut kefir or 1/2 cup Innergy Biotic by Body Ecology
- 1-2 shots E3 Live algae…blend of choice. ( 1 for each person drinking…I always like to share)
- 1 cup fermented coconut milk (simply blend young coconut meat with coconut water to your desired consistency, and start fermenting process by adding 1/4 cup of coconut kefir or Innergy Biotic. Then, ferment in a closed sterile jar for 24 hours)
- 2 cups frozen pineapple
- A bit of water
- Optional: squeeze of lime, pinch of vanilla, few sprigs of mint or dazzle of your choice
- Blend pineapple and water in blender until smooth
- Add in e3 and blend for a few seconds
- Add in coconut milk and blend a bit more
- Pour into cold glasses and stir in coconut kefir or Innergy Biotic.
Other options: You can add any green juice of your choice or green powder of your choice. You can also ferment home-made pineapple juice by adding it to equal parts coconut water and using a Body Ecology Culture starter or some coconut kefir to start the fermentation process. Recipes like this are in my new book, “Are you Eating your Bugs?”
Now, I’m gonna go sip on this loveliness and dance on off to the farmer’s market with my girls.
Have you seen my new book, “Are You Eating Your Bugs?” I’d love for you to get a free excerpt to help you analyze your digestive prowess. You can get it for free, here.
I’d love to help you create bliss in your life through healthy eating! Contact me for your personalized session!