Dougie and I began our Monday Moon-day celebration with a calming, warming winter drink that both supports the immune system and aids in gentle cleansing. Plus, to us…it’s pure deliciousness. Read more
Spring and summer may be the best times of year for detoxification (from processed foods, sugar, dairy, gluten and standard American toxic eating) — if your body has the strength to cleanse. Chinese medicine tells us that the warm weather supports the natural release. During the warmer seasons, we crave lighter, more cooling foods and liquids that help push out poisons and relieve our liver from all of its filtering work. But, if we follow Chinese medicine correctly, we would also set a time for building our core strength to handle this season of release.
I find that even if we still have toxic build-up, many of our kids with autism as well as my clients with very sensitive systems need more energy to do that. Often their organs for detoxification are a bit sluggish. This has definitely been the case for my family.
This bone broth is amazingly mineralized, and can help strengthen us at the core.
This makes a huge pot you can store leftovers in glass jars.
- 3 lbs bones ( I used chicken that was already roasted.. you could use raw)
- Coconut oil
- Handful cloves
- Handful fennel seeds
- 1 1lb bag baby carrots
- 4 bulbs garlic, peeled
- 4 onions, chopped or sliced
- 1 bunch parsley, whole or chopped
- 1 Bunch cilantro, whole or chopped
- 1 bunch celery, whole or chopped
- 1 cup dulse flakes
- 1 knot kombu whole
- 3 inch burdock root,whole or chopped
- 8 inch ginger root, whole
- 1/4 lb shiitake mushrooms (anti-candida), whole or chopped
- 1 cup raw apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups lemongrass dried or 3 large lemongrass sticks
- Cumin, garlic powder, turmeric, sea salt
+ Raw Mineral Soup
- Coconut meat and water (about 1 for every 2 people)
- Cilantro, chopped
- Chili flakes
- Begin by lightly sauteing onion, fennel, cloves and garlic with chicken bones in bottom of soup pot with butter and coconut oil. (or steam with water)
- Add bones and 1/2 the raw apple cider vinegar throw in root veggies (carrots, ginger, burdock)
- Fill pot with water and let simmer for a few mins
- Add in celery, dulse, kombu, cilantro, parsley, lemongrass
- Cook on low/med for 6 hours covered, adding water as you go
- Season with sea salt, cumin, turmeric, garlic powder, more apple cider vinegar
- Add your mushrooms cook for 6 more hours on low/med, adding water to keep it from evaporating
- Simmer this soup for 24 hours
- When done, let cool and then skim out any bone fragments
- In your blender, blend up the rest of the bits and pieces of veggies and spices with broth, then strain so that you are left with a clear brown broth.
- Taste the broth and season to your liking
- You may add more garlic.. (that’s what I do)
- You can jar this broth and you can even freeze it
- It will be good for about a week in the fridge
For a delish raw and cooked soup
Blend 1 cup broth with water and meat from 2 coconuts and add cilantro and chilli flakes + other seasonings to taste to create an amazing mineralicious dinner.
Huge Yummy UPDATE: I just made this broth with elk bones from the Chicago Farmer’s Market in the crock pot. The onions and veggies melted into the soup. I simply skimmed the bits off the top. Then, added more fresh herbs (cilantro, garlic, ginger, onion, tarragon, cumin, curry, and lime juice) for flavor, salted, and drank that broth like there was no tomorrow. My body just loves this stuff. You can blend this with rice, raw or steamed veggies or my fave coconut option above.
Lot’s of love,
Have you seen my new book, “Are You Eating Your Bugs?” I’d love for you to get a free excerpt to help you analyze your digestive prowess. You can get it for free, here.
I’d love to help you create bliss in your life through healthy eating! Contact me for your personalized session!
By, Gina LaVerde
The right food has a magical way of making you feel good.
When we start our day with a green drink (smoothie or juice), we get a delicious jolt of energy and an amazing sense of creative clarity.
That’s because these green drink recipes are high in nutrition ( I mean like enzymes, minerals, vitamins, protein, and more love than I can count on my fingers and toes), low in sugar and extremely hydrating.
A green drink in the morning helps rehydrate us after our slumber time and also helps bring our blood back to alkaline (when the blood s alkaline, bad stuff is less likely to lurk).
So, you want to make things better in your life? Food is an excellent way to begin. Green drinks work for me… what works for you?
Here are some of our faves. You can juice or blend these for different results. Play with it. See what you like best. I’ll post more tomorrow.
Juice or blend 1 head romaine, 2 stalks celery, 1 cucumber and enough strawberries/raspberries to make the drink RED in color. RED is a grounding color. Having this in the morning can be very grounding. Mix with kefir and stevia. YUM!
The Farmer’s Market ( Body Ecology Style)
In High speed blender, blend 1 bunch Swiss chard, 2 zucchini, 2 yellow squash,3 cucumbers,2 lemons,1 bunch romaine,1 inch ginger,1 bunch mint,(1 green apple or other sour fruit to sweeten if needed)
This makes huge family sized smoothie or enough to last you the day or longer.
In high speed blender, blend 1 to 2 oz fresh ginger root, peeled and diced, 2 handfuls lacinato kale (or juice the kale and ginger first then add to blender), 2 handfuls baby spinach, 2 green apples, and water to taste
Blend 3 cucumbers,1 bunch cilantro,3 limes and 2 handfuls spinach and water to taste
Blend 1 large bunch organic parsley, 1 green apple, 1 cucumber, and 2 cups frozen berries and water to taste
Blend 3 cucumbers, 1 green apple, 1- 2 bunches of mint and water to taste
3 stalks celery with leaves, 2 handfuls spinach, 1 head romaine, huge chunk jicama, 2 inches ginger, ½ cup soaked almonds or nut/seed/coconut milk (fermented coconut meat and kefir is a good idea for those sensitive to nuts)
Juice or blend 3 green apples, 2 lemons, 4 stalks celery, 2 inches ginger, 1 bunch of carrot tops (green part) 1 red pepper, and 2 cucumbers. Enjoy with a straw.
Tell us what you think