I feel more amazing than EVER. There’s this inner sense of BLISS that keeps me KNOWING and CONNECTED. Dougie tells us “HER” name is VIOLET, and we agree. Although this tiny being is but the size of a grape at 11 weeks in womb, we know that “she” is a soul mate. Someone we have long known and long awaited.
Violet who represents the highest frequency Healing Light. The Violet Flame of Transmutation. Vision. Connection. Protection. ENLIGHTENMENT. I asked Dougie what would happen if the baby is a boy, and he says ” She is not a boy, she is my baby sister, Violet.”
Violet has been coming to me in dreams since I met my husband. And, as time passed, she’s been showing herself to me outside of dreams too. Years ago, while swinging on a park-swing in Chicago, I saw and felt her by my side. She told me her birthday is December 2013. And, so it is.
To top off our excitement, several of my best girlfriends are also expecting bundles if BLISS soon. Sharing this Journey with them, even from afar, inspires me to make this the ROCKINGEST time of my LIFE.
I’d love to share with you some of the things we’re doing and choices we’re making to keep the Bliss flowing.
Mom’s Health and Food
You know I’m all about eating right for your needs and that food has been my medicine for ages — helping me recover from candida, fatigue, migraines etc, and helping my son Dougie pull out of autism. Now, my body is someone’s home for her first 9 months of life. This is a seriously amazing opportunity.
So, here’s what I’m eating and why:
Every supplement is raw and organic.
Daily Smoothies (up to 1 qt throughout the day but it varies)
- Spirulina Plus (Body Ecology brand): Great source of predigested, easy to absorb super protein with REAL LIVE probiotics. Helps keep my digestive bacteria in balance, as candida yeast can rise during pregnancy. This super food is also full of vitamins and minerals that go directly to your developing baby. The probiotics living in this food help to create vitamins in our bodies. There is even evidence that these “bugs” are responsible for making B12.
- Chlorella (Healthforce Nutritionals Brand: Nutrient Dense super food that has a load of chlorophyll, and has even thought to deflect toxins from harming our bodies.
- Maca: An adaptogenic super-root that we have been introduced to through Peru. It has the ability to regulate hormones, and like any other adaptogen, give your body exactly what it needs for balance. It also oxygenates our blood, and helps neurotransmitter communication. Maca is also said to help produce mother’s milk for mamas. It tastes great, a little like malt, and offers a nice grounding energy to balance out the expansive green foods mentioned above.
- Cod Liver Oil: (I’d do krill oil if I had it here in Costa Rica) High quality fats are needed for the baby’s brain development. I find when I don’t have this, I intuitively feel something is missing. It really gives me a sense of ease throughout my body.
- Vitamineral Green (Healthforce Nutrionals Brand): Covers a broad spectrum of vitamins and minerals all in food form.
- Ancient Earth Minerals (Body Ecology Brand): Exactly what it sounds like. This supplement offers a top-notch source of humic and fulvic minerals. Things that are now missing from most of our soils and foods. It works to support thyroid and adrenals.
- Chia Seeds: Fiber! But also these beautiful seeds have a way of soothing stomach and joints too.
- Hemp Seeds: Another great source of protein.
- Hemp Seed Butter: What a yummy source of fat of fat and protein.
- Reishi extract (Dragon Herbs/22 Reishis): Perhaps my favorite Herb. As an adaptogen Reishi really supports every bodily system. Reishi works on our physical bodies, but also has a distinct role in increasing our spiritual connection and overall “spirit” for life. I’ve been told by Chinese doctors that they can tell when a mama consumes Reishi during pregnancy.
- Reishi Tea: I feel a more yin support ( core support/kidneys) when I drink Reishi Tea. A little vanilla and stevia and it takes the place of coffee for me. Sometimes, I use Reishi Tea in my smoothies. Sometimes drink it warm. Reishi also keeps our candida index down.
- Coconut Kefir: Amazing source of probiotics and mineral. Gives me energy. Helps build the baby’s inner eco system and immune system.
These ingredients will be blended with coconut or avocado and frozen berries or frozen plantain from our trees in Costa Rica.
Other Delicious Raw Organic Power Foods
- Cultured Veggies (Cabbage, Beet, minerals added): Helps digest everything else. Tastes Great and filled with probiotics too.
- Earth (Vitamineral Green Brand) another delicious form of high-quality minerals that tastes great on warm foods like eggs, sautéed veggies, soups.
- Young Coconut water and Coconut Meat:
- Coconut Oil: Healthy fat with amazing healing power for thyroid and more. This oil can be heated without becoming toxic, so its the only oil I use for cooking.
- Every color of veggie!: I’m having huge salads and feeling very drawn to the taste vegetables! Yum!
- Black berries and strawberries:
- Local goat cheese: Ask Violet. This stuff tastes like Heaven to me right now. I’ve read not to eat raw cheese when preggers. This to me, doesn’t seem logical. In it’s raw state, cheese has the enzymes needed to digest. If there were pathogenic bacteria on the cheese I chose to eat, In wouldn’t chose it. But, I am not suggesting that you follow my lead on this one. I can tell a difference between raw and pasteurized cheese. I cannot even digest pasteurized cheese. Again, this offers some fats and proteins.
Delicious Cooked Foods on the menu:
- Egg Omelets (Made by Dougie): Served with veggies and cultured veggies. I’m normally not an egg fan, but I’m loving them a few times a week. We keep them a bit runny and raw.
- Fish Cakes, Fish salads: Local Costa Rican caught small white fishes (lowest mercury) blended with spices and herbs. I’m having fish a few times per week too. I’d have it every day if I could keep up with myself.
- Rice noodles with home-made sauces and dressings
Treats and Sweets
I went gluten free again officially in January. It totally helped clear me of back and joint pain and I literally felt like a veil lifted. I intended to have a gluten-free pregnancy too. But, had a few slices of home-made organic pizza here in Costa Rica. I totally LOVED it! I think Violet did too. We’ll see how the rest of the time goes. Because we found a few places who make gluten-free treats that are sweetened with fruits.
- Almond flour banana-nut Cupcake
- Raw Banana Ice Cream
- Raw Chocolate Bar
Foods I’m not Loving
Some of my normal favorites are not so awesome right now. I’m not able to digest them very well, and my body is just saying no.
- Brown Rice
- Beans of any kind
Violet’s got me going deeper and playing with yoga much more than usual. I find slower, longer poses and deep stretches are giving me energy, keeping me flexible and pain-free AND helping my digestion. I have a notion that yoga during pregnancy will make for a more comfortable labor and birth. Not to mention increase oxygen flow to the baby and help with her development.
My last yoga class in California, before we headed out to Costa Rica, left me feeling strangely unbalanced. I couldn’t hold a pose. I couldn’t breathe fully down to my core. I kept tipping over during Tree Pose. The pregnancy definitely changed me.
Now, I’m yoga-ing for about 3 hours a day. My body leads me into Cat/Cow, Down Dog/Up dog, forward bends and light back bends. I just listen to what I need and with each stretch my body feels even more BLISSED. I’m lightly focussing on hip openers, blood flow and strength and endurance. The slower pace feels like its allowing me to heal my body even further. Who would’ve thought? I used to think pregnancy was about giving your body to another person. I know. I know. But, now I see that she is giving me so much healing as well.
We’re feeling an un-assisted birth will be the best for us (and we did have one). So it’s even more important to connect on a vibrational level with the soul we are welcoming. To make sure we are fulfilling her needs and wants. To make sure that the experience will flow in a healthy way. Positive affirmations have helped me a lot. So has Kirtan music like Krishna Das and Snatam Kaur. I take time throughout the day to pause and create and recognize the flow of LOVE between Violet and me. I’ve been internally talking to her about her positioning and her absorption of nutrients as she grows I send each bite of food down with a gratitude blessing and intention for each food or plant’s medicine to reach her.
I share Reiki with her too. I’m making space in my day to meditate for longer periods and really have a more complete sense of Violet’s needs. Intuition is up now, and it will be my strongest tool for preparing for this miracle.
Can’t wait to share lots more!